Sunday, January 26, 2014

ACETATE BUTTERFLIES

ACETATE BUTTERFLIES:
The butterfly on this card is actually done on acetate.

DIRECTIONS:
You take a piece of regular printer paper and either print out or stamp an image.  I chose a butterfly.  Place a piece of acetate over the printed/stamped image and trace over it with a Sharpie pen.  You decide which size tip you want on the Sharpie.  I chose a wider tip for the outside of the butterfly and used a finer tip for the detail on the inside of the butterfly.  After you trace the image then turn the acetate over and color with alcohol based markers.  It is really important that you color on the opposite side from which you traced with your Sharpie.  On this particular butterfly I used a glue pen in the pink areas and added glitter instead of coloring.  You can use all pens, all glitter, and/or a combination of the two.  (The glittered areas look really cool...I think on my next acetate butterfly I will try only glitter in different colors).  After you are satisfied with the look of your image, then cut it out and mount it up on a card.  The Sharpie side will be face up when you are finished.  Depending on which brand of alcohol marker you use the image will be translucent.  It turned out really cute and was a fun and different technique to try.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment